Monday, September 27, 2010




This week I went to a mixed martial arts tournement called DREAM 16. It was at Nihon Gaishihoru, a sports stadium in Nagoya. The place was packed and the fighters did not dissapoint. There were astounding KO's, submissions, and 3 round fights. I had a really good time.
This was actually the first time I have been to a profetional MMA tournament. Even though I was in the cheap seats, 5,000 yen ($60), I could see everything that was going on. Next time I will probably go for the same cheap seats but maybe invest in some binaculars. :-)
Another thing I liked was the food. I bought a sausage on a stick with french fries and it was delicious. Those two things are hard to come by in Japan; it's mostly asian food. I will do a blog on food some other time.
Long story short, it was a fun four hours. Note: DREAM has tournaments throughout the year and at different locations in Japan. If you can make one, I recomend it.

Sayonara,
Tristan

4 comments:

  1. Lol, yeah I remember you telling me about Dream. Glad you got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. Im glad too. Funny thing is that it took me half the day to find the place. I made it in time though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome bro! I especially like the bonus footage at the end. I was watching it here with the guys and at the first fight, I totally called it that they were trying to hit each other in the nads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jason, Im glad you liked the episode. Yeah the crotch shots were painfull to watch. Its times like those that make me glad I`m only watching. Say hi to the guys for me. Peace, th.

    ReplyDelete